Does your store ship to countries in the EU?
- Yes, my store ships to countries in the EU. But starting on July 1, 2021, EU VAT has changed signficiantly so you may have to pay more up front costs through your country's customs tax (VAT) office in order to receive your parcel.
Please be aware that you may be subjected to multiple fees from your country before your courier delivers the parcel to you.
You will receive a tracking number when your order is shipped out. Please keep track of your shipment because it is common that your postal office in your country may not notify you of customs & tax due and it may end up sitting at the post office.
What are the EU changes (started 7/1/21)?
Changes to the EU VAT rules that apply to my shop include:
- Removal of the minimum £22 value of the order to be taxed. Meaning every parcel, no matter the value will be subjected to VAT due when it arrives to you. The customer is responsible for paying the VAT.
- Additional import processing fee will be charged to the buyer from the buyer's country's custom office or courier. The customer is responsible for paying the import processing fees.
- Adding requirements of customer's emails and phone numbers to include on the custom mailing form.
The changes impact the buyer (you) more than the seller (me).
TLDR: If you are a buyer from the EU, you will be responsible for paying additional fees before you receive your parcel. Your country's customs office or mail courier will charge you for 1) VAT and 2) import/ processing fee. The fees are dependant by which country you reside in. The shipping fee you paid with your order is separate from VAT and the import processing fee.
Why don't you collect VAT?
I am a small business owner and I am unable to apply for an IOSS number and hire a intermediary (tax accountant in the EU) because the fees are very high. It can cost up to $1000 to apply for an IOSS number alone and there is an annual fee to continued to be registered AND there is a monthly fee. There is also a ~$2 parcel fee for every parcel I do send out to the EU on top of the monthly fee.
What are my options so I don't have to pay the import clearing fee?! / Where else can I buy from you?
I have an etsy store for UK & EU customers (as well as anyone else who would prefer to buy through Etsy instead of here).
Etsy will charge VAT during checkout.
If you see something in-stock on my personal storefront and you would like to purchase it, please contact me on etsy. I will create a private listing for you.
My etsy shop --> https://www.etsy.com/shop/Spicytunaa
There are items I want but it is not listed on your etsy!
- I don't intend to list my full inventory on etsy. If you see something in-stock on my personal storefront and you would like to purchase it, please contact me. I will create a private listing for you.
Some items are more expensive on etsy vs your personal storefront!
- Etsy charges a lot of high fees and so unfortunately some items will have higher markups to make up for the costs.
I will try to match prices as much as I can, but I will not be able to do it with all items I have to offer. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for your support!